Friday, April 26, 2013

goodbyes

2am and can't sleep because of all the thoughts running through my head. It's my last night in Santander and I keep reminiscing about things that have happened, and keep thinking about how much I don't want to leave this amazing place. I've truly been blessed to have had such a fantastic experience, I only wished that it lasted a little bit longer. 3 months seems like a long time when you're at home, nervous/scared/anxious to visit/live in a new place, but when you actually get to the place you're going to- 3 months flies by. I feel like in the short amount of time that I've been gone that I have learned so much about myself, and about people in general. Being outside of my comfort zone, and trying to communicate my feelings/personality with a language barrier has been difficult but has taught me a lot. I'm really sad to be leaving a place that has taught me so much, and continues to teach me something everyday. Everyone says that they will be back here- to Santander/Spain/Europe one day, but the truth is some of us never will, and I'm so scared that I won't ever be able to make it back here. I'm scared to forget the details of these wonderful 3 months of my life

I've been crying off and on all day. Packing up my suitcases made me emotional, giving my madre and abuela their gift made me cry again. And telling my abuela goodnight/goodbye for the last time really made me shed some tears. Tomorrow, when I have to tell my madre goodbye will be extremely difficult, as it will be for everyone in our group. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we're all pretty excited to go home and see our family and friends, but that we could just as easily stay here for another 3 months without any hesitations. I'm interested to see what life has in store for me during my last 2 years of college, and I truly hope that I'm given (or I give myself) the opportunity to return to Spain.







No comments:

Post a Comment