Friday, March 1, 2013

baby octopus

Finally went to the famous "El Corte Ingles" which is one of their shopping malls here, today with my madre and Jordan. It was pretty awesome. They have everything you could want- clothing, home decor, food, jewelry, shoes, book stores, electronics....the list goes on. Afterwards, my madre and I went to a cafe and enjoyed the BEST calamari I've ever eaten....so delicious. It was a good little outing. I love having bonding moments with my madre and abuela, I feel so lucky to have gotten such a great host family.

So last night, I was introduced to probably the best asian restaurant that I've ever been to. It was a buffet style, but they 2 buffets- one with food that was already prepared and cooked, and the other with raw vegetables and meat that you gave to the chef to cook for you. It's all you can eat for only 10 euro...Not to mention they had a chocolate fountain! <3 They had some really interesting things to try, and one of them was baby octopus. Not the worst thing I've ever eaten, but one of the most chewy things ever.


As if life wasn't already amazing here, I am absolutely loving my 3 day weekends. This is the first time since I've been in college that I don't have class every Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment