Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Vday!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I really can't believe tomorrow will make 2 weeks since I've been in Spain. It does not seem like I've been here this long; February is half way over!
As promised I have some music to share. A lot of the music here is in english and is kind of out-dated compared to music that we would listen to at home, but I loveeee spanish music so with the help of some friends I've stumbled across some pretty good songs.

This song is called, "Te Pintaron Pajaritos" and it's about this guy who fell in love with this girl, but she loved someone else, but the guy she fell in love with basically screwed her over. So now, he is saying that he "painted birds in the sky for her"-basically saying that he gave her everything and she loved someone else. Listening to spanish music definitely helps with understanding and comprehending a lot of the language, especially the more colloquial phrases.

Overall, my first week of classes has been great. I love our schedule, and I feel a lot more productive knowing that I have to go to class. I know that I will learn a lot in classes here, but getting out and meeting people who live here and having conversations with them teaches me so much. Not to mention, speaking spanish with my madre has taught me so much in only 2 weeks.

The weather today was absolutely amazing! It was actually sunny for the first time since we've been here. There is a park right across the street from my building that has these huge pine trees, but the branches only grow out at the very top of the trees, so it makes a canopy over the park. It has some playground equipment, so today on the way into town I decided to stop at the park and swing on the swings in the park, it was most definitely the best part of my day. It's definitely the little things that make each day great. It's supposed to be great weather for the rest of the weekend, so I plan to make more trips back to the swings this weekend.


A few of us went on a little group Valentines Day date. We went to a pizza place close to downtown, and we each got each other little cliché presents, but we had a lot of fun. I feel so lucky to have such a large group of new friends already, especially within our NC group. And also, I love always having someone to spend time with, or always having someone who I know I can spend time with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment