Monday, February 18, 2013

¡que buen día!

I swear each day here gets better and better. Today, I had school as usual, and I got a little frustrated with myself because my brain was just not comprehending spanish this morning. But, I returned home to a great lunch of Arroz con Pollo (not the Dos Amigos/El Paso/Mi Cabaña version) actual chicken right off the bone, rice, peas, carrots, and lots of good spices. Afterward we all watched the news and took siestas, as usual. This afternoon I walked to Brennan's house, which is in downtown Santander; about a 30 minute walk for me, but it was such a gorgeous day so I took the long way!

I got to meet Brennan's amazing family, along with her adorable little "host-neice" Her name is Carlota, and she might be the cutest, most adorable 2 year old in Santander. We danced to Gangnam Style and Waka-Waka, and colored some pictures of Hello Kitty. Most definitely the highlight of my day.
Afterward some of us met up at Cruz Blanca to do some homework, and Juliane's host sister, Lucretia, joined us as well. She helped us with all of our homework. I was really surprised by how much I understood, because she talked so-so fast. It was a great way to end my day because it showed me how much I have progressed since I've been here, I hope that progression is exponential. I never want to stop learning spanish. 

So, the trip to the mountains was definitely an experience. It was freezing cold, and the house was very old...probably the oldest house I've ever stayed in. We're thinking it was built in the 17/18th century. It has obviously been renovated because there is electricity and "heaters" now. But it was about 8 of us that took the hour drive to a very small village outside of Torrelavega. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous, and the pictures don't do it justice whatsoever. Despite the cold weather, it was fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment