Tuesday, February 12, 2013

UniCan

The first two days of classes have been pretty great. We have conversation from 10-11:30 then grammar from 12-1:30 then my day is finished, which is perfect timing to go back home and enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal with my madre y abuela! I've felt like an old lady lately because the past few days, I've eaten lunch with them then afterward we watch the news and all take siestas on the couch together. But I love spending time with them. My abuela randomly asks the funniest questions. Today she asked if I had dogs for pets at home and she always asks if I'm going out to dance! She is precious.

Although the scenery here is absolutely beautiful, the weather can get pretty annoying. I never know what to wear because one moment it could be raining, the next it could be sunny and beautiful. I've learned to always carry an umbrella, which isn't much different from ECU (everyone carries umbrellas).
I have yet to make it down to the beach during a pretty day, but that is a goal of mine for this weekend.

Real Madrid and Manchester United play tomorrow tonight and all of us have plans to go watch it! I would love to go see a game while I'm in Europe and I know if I don't go see at least one game all my guy friends will disown me.

I can definitely tell that my spanish has gotten better. It is a lot easier to understand the news and shows on TV, and I'm beginning to have better convos with my madre and other people as well. Just trying to take it all in.

Someone suggested that I post some music on here to spice it up a bit, so I will try to start adding any new music that I stumble upon while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment