Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Te gusta Paris Hilton?

Today, just like every other day has been great! I went to the market with my madre and we bought lots of little pastries, which I ate at lunch today! And then after she took me to a small fish market that she likes to go to. She bough salmon and merluza, I'm not sure what that translates to, but its a white fish. She just fried it with flour and egg, and it was delicious!

Most of my day was spent shopping and walking around the city some more. I told my host mom that in America we all drive practically everywhere we go, and she said that in Santander everyone walks (I noticed this the first day) and it is more human this way. I thought that was a great way to put it. Anyway, I bought a nice winter coat (that came in very handy when it started to rain later on this afternoon) and a pair of military boots. I also bought my phone today. The first week of February all the stores have huge sales with 50/70% off, so we picked the right time to shop. Also, when you see the price of something on a tag, it has the tax included.

After shopping our group reconnected at "our" restaurant, Cruz Blanca. The second night we were here, we went there to watch the superbowl, which didn't start until 12:30AM here, so the owner of the place let us stay about an hour later to watch some of the game. He also gave us the rest of the bar food that he had left! His name is Angelo, and I'm pretty sure my host mom said that he lives in our building! So, so sweet.

I got back home about 8:45 and ate dinner when I got back, and I spent the rest of the evening watching the news and a show called "Hay Una Cosa que Te Quiero Decir" (There is something I want to tell you). I would relate it to a Dr. Phil/Maury kind of show, but it was very interesting trying to understand each persons story. But, apparently tonight it was a special edition because Paris Hilton made an appearance on the show. My host mom asked me if I liked her, but I didn't really know how to respond because I could really care less about Paris Hilton, hahah. I thought it was really funny that they asked her to appear on the show.

Tomorrow, we have an orientation at the university with the entire group of international students. It will be a long day of meeting new people and learning more about Santander and UniCan.
Buenas Noches!



1 comment:

  1. Typical....already shopping! Better buy your bestie something! I miss you soo much already kenz! Be safe, love you!

    ReplyDelete